Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rapture what?

Hey all, glad you survived the second coming of Christ. I think my friend Joel said it best on a facebook update: “On Sunday morning, when they ask why the Rapture didn’t come, just tell them that the Macho Man was there to fight off the Four Horsemen.” Thank you Macho Man, you were always a hero among men and you’re obviously kicking pansy ass in heaven. I’m just pissed I didn’t get invited to any post Rapture parties I’ve been hearing about.

Things are starting to get rolling on my doc. I changed the focus of it slightly so I can explore the subject of child hood health and the importance of being active while young. With obesity rates climbing ever so higher I think it’s worth a look. Hopefully I’ll be able to open up some eyes and maybe get a few kids on the right track. That leads me to a question for you guys: Where do you think the problem lies when it comes to childhood obesity and inactivity? The kids themselves? The parents? The media? Technology? I would greatly appreciate your input either on my facebook page, twitter page or even a comment at the bottom of this blog. I’ll take what you say into account and try to form some questions to ask my interviewees so I can get the most out of it.

Shooting for the Bluenose Marathon went beautifully. Thankfully the rain stayed put and the kids had an awesome day. Seeing 3000 kids warm up for a run on Brunswick street was really cool and made for a fantastic shot.
On another note I finally got to play around with the green screen in our film studio. It was surprisingly pretty easy. We shot an exceptionally shitty commercial for a fake hover board company for my Professional Development class. But within the shittyness there is a certain charm. I’m sure it will at least make you guys smile. I’ll be uploading this gem up to You Tube today sometime so keep your eyes peeled for news on that.

Looks like I’ll actually be graduating from a legit University (Dalhousie) on Tuesday with a Major in English and a Minor in Film. What does that mean? It means I’ll at least be an educated homeless person when I’m finally out of school. It also gives me an excuse to get uncontrollably drunk (first the night of grad, after when I’m living in a box behind King of Donair). Well that’s all folks, enjoy the rest of your long weekend!

P.S. I’ve decided to scrap the beer pong footage for now; I just can’t think of putting it to any practical use and I’m way too busy with doc stuff to even attempt to edit it. If anybody wants the footage so they can take a shot at making something let me know.

2 comments: